In this slow market that we are experiencing in Calgary Alberta, I was asked with this question all the time.
Here would like to give you few tips:
- Consult the experienced Real Estate Agent in your area.
- Prepare your home for sale including minor repairs, touch up but most important is to tidy up and declutter all your personal items, stage the house with simple furniture.
- A good clean home always leave a good impression.
- Don't forget to get rid of pet smell, smoke smell, and cooking smell.
- Have the house price right according to the current market condition. Experienced area specialist will be able to pin down a right pricing for your home.
- Consult the Real Estate Agent asking what kind of marketing he/she will do for you.